Devoted Mama Stork is proudly eyeing her bird nest full of eggs, waiting for the hatch.
Here are some Stork sayings and interpretations:
- Keep the Stork flying (alternately, Keep the Stork Busy) means to have lots of children.
“Sally’s pregnant again, with their sixth. They sure do keep the stork flying!”
“Grandma and Grandpa kept the stork flying: I’ve got ten aunts and uncles.”
- Visit from the stork means birth of a baby. According to legend, babies are brought to their parents by a stork. If a stork has visited you, you are going to have a baby or babies.
“I hear that Maria is expecting a visit from the stork.”
“The young couple had a visit from the stork.”
“The last visit from the stork was in March.”
“After years of marriage, she finally had a stork visit.”
Storked means pregnant.
- “She got herself good and storked. Now what?”
Don’t have sex at all (it works).
Use birth control.
- Coo Coo Coo Cool.
- Keep the stork flying!
- I hear you’re expecting a visit from the Stork.
- I heard there’s a new egg in the bird nest.
- My head was a magpie’s nest lined with such bright scraps of information.
- Pregnancy seems designed to prepare you for life as a mother. You start making sacrifices nine months before the child is born, so by the time they put in an appearance you are used to giving things up for them.
- Having a baby is like taking your lower lip and forcing it over your head. ~Carol Burnett
- Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside.~Rita Rudner
- His mother should have thrown him out and kept the stork. ~Mae West
Who is Mama Stork card for?
This card is for pregnancy and babies! Give this card to expectant parents, new parents, foster parents, and grandparents. And to graduates, time to leave the nest!