Gingy is a gingerbread cookie baked by the Muffin Man. He is a supporting character in the Shrek movies. He attended Cookie Academy, at which he excelled in Home Economics. Sometime later, he married a red-headed gingerbread cookie, but the relationship did not last.
“Run, run, run, as fast as you can! You can’t catch me, I’m the Gingerbread Man!”
Our 3-D pop-up features a toasty gingerbread Gingy decorated with icing to show his big red smile, eyes, eyebrows and buttons. He is surrounded by cookies and a Christmas stocking. This is a fun card for a child who loves Shrek, for a birthday, a baker, a lover, an ex-lover, for family, for friendship, for Santa.
- Bounty hunter (alternate reality)
- None (main reality)
- Muffin Man (creator, “father”), makes Gingy a new girlfriend named Sugar. He tells Gingy that she contains the most sugar ever put in a cookie. But since Gingy made the story up, its not known if Sugar was even real.
- Sugar (girlfriend, most likely made up)
- Mongo (brother)
- Unnamed redhead gingerbread wife, divorced
- Suzy (girlfriend, deceased) In a Christmas story, Gingy recounts a winter night spent with his girlfriend Suzy. The two were in a car parked on a table which made them seem like cookies left out for Santa Claus, who arrived later and tried to eat them. The gingerbread couple attempted to run but Suzy was caught by Santa and she was eaten after letting out a scream. Her death caused Gingy to have an absolute fear of Santa, clearly shown at the end of Shrek the Halls when he screams and runs to hide inside Shrek’s house upon the sight of Santa in the sky.
Location: Drury Lane (possibly Duloc), London, maybe Scotland
Not my gumdrop buttons!
You’re a monster.
No, not the buttons. Not my gumdrop buttons.
Okay. I’ll tell you.
Do you know the muffin man?
The muffin man.
Well, she’s married to the muffin man.
The muffin man!
Don’t tell him anything! No!
God bless, every one.
after Gingy tells of how Santa ate his girlfriend:
Donkey: That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard! Now, you know that’s not how it happened.
Gingy: You weren’t there!