- If you’re going to be a bear, be a Grizzly.
- All good things are wild and free. ~Henry David Thoreau
- Nature is the art of God.
- Whatever doesn’t kill you will make you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.
- If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere. ~Vincent Van Gogh
- Always respect Mother Nature. Especially when she weighs 400 pounds and is guarding her baby.
- It is estimated that bears kill over two million salmon a year. Attacks by salmon on bears are much more rare. ~Peter Gaulke
- “Great Brown Bear is walking with us, Salmon swimming upstream with us, as we stroll a city street.” ~Gary Snyder
- Bears would probably be a lot less aggressive towards us if they knew we could scratch their backs. ~Reddit
- I’ll love you, dear, I’ll love you till China and Africa meet and the river jumps over the mountain and the salmon sing in the street. ~W.H. Auden
- I love you so much I’d fight a bear for you. Well not a grizzly bear because they have claws, and not a panda bear because they know Kung Fu… But a care bear, I’d definitely fight a care bear for you.
- Teddy is a badass.
INSTAGRAM PHOTO OF THE DAY
Dramatic gatherings of grizzly bears can be seen at prime Alaskan fishing spots when the salmon run upstream for summer spawning. In this season, dozens of bears may gather to feast on the fish, craving fats that will sustain them through the long winter ahead.
Photo by @amivitale in National Geographic
Brown bear, brown bear: The wild landscapes at Katmai National Park and Preserve in southern Alaska span tundra, forests, lakes, and mountains. Among its most famous settings is Brooks Falls, where brown bears gather to wait for salmon. With an estimated 2,200 brown bears living in the park, Katmai is one of the top areas in the world for viewing these bears.
See also: Endangered Sea Turtle pop up card.