Basketball is the most popular participatory sport in the United States — even more popular than Angry Birds. So whether you’re a basketball player or a basketball fan, you’re in with the popular crowd. The sport combines physical prowess, intelligence, grace, and coordination.
- It’s a Basket(ball).
- It’s a slam dunk.
- You’re on my Team!
- Follow the bouncing ball into my heart.
- I’ve over the hoop for you.
- Slam Allelekum.
- Don’t be the rebound.
- The Three Pointer Sisters.
- Get in the Zone.
- Make it happen.
- Basketball is my boyfriend.
- Dreams do come through.
- That guy is bucket.
- Nothing but net.
- Be legendary.
- Patriotism isn’t about making everyone stand and salute the flag. Patriotism is about making this a country where everyone wants to.
See: You are my Anchor.
Celebrate any basketball-lover with a card that is sure to score you the most points. Congratulate your niece for a championship-winning basketball season or wish your basketball-obsessed boyfriend a happy birthday. Whether you’re watching the game courtside or on your TV at home, Hoop Dreams basketball pop up card will make any game day celebration buzzer-worthy. No matter the occasion, let the special people in your life know that you’re on their team!
Did you know? (NBA Trivia)
- Paul Gasol went to Medical School.
- The Oklahoma Hornets Valentines Day jersey is considered the rarest jersey. It raised $22K for charity.
- Gerald Green has 9 fingers.
- Dennis Rodman once illegally married himself.
- Kobe Bryant holds the record for the most missed shots in the NBA.
- The bird on the Twitter logo is named after Larry Bird of the Boston Celtics.
- Shaquille O’Neal made only one 3 pointer in his NBA career.
Basketball facts for kids and newbies:
Basketball is a team sport where two teams, usually consisting of five players on each team, play against each other on a rectangular court. The teams will be all men or all women.
The goal is to get the ball through a hoop mounted high on a backboard on the opponent’s side of the court, while stopping the opponent from shooting it into your team’s hoop.
It is a very popular sport worldwide, played with a round orange-brown ball that bounces.
Basketball players mainly use skills such as dribbling, shooting, running, and jumping.
Each made basket is worth two points, while a basket made from beyond the three-point line is worth three points. If a player gets into too much physical contact, they may be given free throws which are worth one point each. The game typically lasts for four-quarters and the team with the most points at the end of the four-quarters win the game. If the score is tied at the end of the game, there will be something called overtime, which is additional play time to allow one team to win the match.