Remember the amusement park of your childhood? The ring-toss games, the festivities, the cotton candy and rides, especially the mechanical prancing horses that went round and round. Whether you called it a carousel, gallopers, roundabouts, whirligig, spinning or flying jennies, dip-twister, or flying horses, riding the merry-go-round was intoxicating.
This wonderful card reminds us of that innocent happiness and old-fashioned enchantment. The sparkly red cover features high-stepping carousel horses. Open the card to pop up the entire merry-go-round with six fancy horses and a flag on the roof.
- Happy Birthday, keep on galloping!
- What goes around, comes around.
- May you dream of pretty horses.
- Life is a carnival.
- You always amuse me.
- Being with you brings back so many memories.
- Come along for the ride.
- Let’s go around again.
- I’m chasing you.
- It’s just like old times.
- Love makes the world go round.
- May your life be an amusement park.
- Life is a carousel. It goes up and down. All U gotta do is just stay on. ~Pharrell Williams
- We’re captive on the carousel of time, we can’t return we can only look behind.
And the seasons they go ’round and ’round, and the painted ponies go up and down. ~Joni Mitchell
- My favorite part of the ride is when you’re going up and you’re slightly scared and really excited. You don’t know what’s coming next but you know it’s going to be good.
- I’ve been riding the carousel in Central Park since I was five years old. If I’m depressed or something’s bothering me today, my husband and I go back to the park. We get on the carousel horse and we start riding, and I start singing at the top of my lungs. It is pure and absolute joy and happiness. ~Eda LeShan
- I ride Earth’s burning carousel, day in, day out. ~Sylvia Plath
- “You don’t really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around – and why his parents will always wave back. ~William D. Tammeus
- Disneyland really began when my two daughters were very young. Saturday was always Daddy’s Day and I would take them to the merry-go-round, and sit on a bench eating peanuts while they rode. And sitting there alone, I felt there should be something built, some kind of family park where parents and children could have fun together. ~Walt Disney
- Life’s just a merry-go-round. Come on up. You might get a brass ring. ~Mae West
This is a happy card for birthdays, friendship, wedding, anniversary or party invitations with sweet memories of old-fashioned fairs and merry-go-rounds and sweet dreams. Cue the calliope music. Each card is hand-assembled and colors vary, they’re all delightful.
See also Fairground Ferris Wheel pop up card.