Run Like a Girl pop-up card is dedicated to Shelly Dove, proud member of Half Fanatics, a worldwide club of runners who run half marathons. She sent us an email:
I visited your booth at the Mt. Dora Blueberry Festival, and just came across your business card. I spoke to someone at your booth who said to ask if there was something specific I was looking for. I was wondering if you can make a card with a runner, specifically a female runner. I am a member of Half Fanatics, a worldwide club of runners who run half marathons. We are just over 14,000 members at the moment, but constantly growing. I’m sure if you can manage a woman runner in a card you would get more than a few orders.
Thank you for your consideration. Have a beautiful day!
I asked for some details, what do runners wear, etc. So she replied:
Oh my goodness… now I feel special! I get to be included on the design!
I can tell you that most of us female runners wear skirts, they are special running skirts with compression shorts built in and pockets, but that’s the go to thing for female runners now. Maybe if it’s a side view they could have a pony tail… hair is always up when you’re running. The bib and the medal are also key components but I’m not sure how you would work those in. I’m including some pics so you can see.
I can tell you the distances that are most popular, you’ve probably seen the stickers on people’s cars. Runners love to see those special numbers. LOL The most common race distances are 3.1, 13.1 & 26.2.
This is very exciting! Please let me know if I can help with anything else. My runner friends will be SO excited! We’ve been waiting forever just to get the running woman emoji, all they currently have is the man.
Thanks to Shelly’s suggestions and feedback, this card was born. Buy it for the little girl who wants to run, for a friend starting to exercise and get fit, for runners of any distance, for women runners, for Half Fanatics, for marathoners, for a country lane runner, for a pro.
You go, gurrrrrl!
Always a champ!
Always on track!
Women are built for speed.
You go, girl!
Running is the answer. The question is irrelevant.
Run like you stole it.
Life’s short, run fast.
I run like a girl. Try to keep up.
We’re in it for the long run.
Runner Personality Test:
- Do your thoughts switch to the next scheduled race immediately after finishing a Half Marathon?
- Are you signed up for more than one race right now?
- Do you look at the race schedule more than once a week?
- Do you start to feel down when you haven’t run a race in a while?
- Are your closets and dressers filled with race t-shirts?
- When asked about your racing from non running people, do you find yourself talking with great passion to the point that the person that asked the question regrets ever asking? Have you run races on back to back weekends? Or better yet back to back days?
- When asked by loved ones what your plans are for the weekend, do you feel guilty telling them you’re running another race so you tell them “it’s only a training run this weekend”?
- Do you plan all your vacations around races?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you just may be a Half Fanatic!!!