The Water Lily is a beautiful and exotic flower which floats on the surface of water, anchored to the soil underneath. Give it to someone who floats through life gracefully yet always remains grounded.
Tip: Give a water lily popup card to someone with a July birthday, since it is the birth flower for July.
In 1883 Claude Monet moved to Giverny, France and set up his studio in a barn on the property. Monet first painted his beloved water lily in 1889, and went on to paint it 250 more times until his death in 1926. This card is inspired by Monet’s passion for this radiant, joyful flower.
Just right for a birthday, Mother’s Day, housewarming or a hostess gift, the water lily symbolizes love and life.
Buddhists regard the water lily as a symbol of enlightenment because of the beautiful bloom that emerges from the mud. They also consider it a symbol of purity, spontaneous generation and divine birth.
- We’re different flowers from the same garden.
- I must have flowers, always and always.~ Claude Monet
- Colors are the smiles of nature. ~Leigh Hunt
- Can we speak in flowers? It will be easier for me to understand.
- Color is my day-long obsession, joy and torment ~Claude Monet
- Like a fine wine, you improve each year.
- Thanks for all you do.
- You are radiant as a water lily.
- True love is friendship set on fire. (French Proverb)
- How sweet it is to be loved by you!
- Thank you for all you do – you are a true friend.
- You don’t look a day over fabulous.
- Colors are the smiles of nature.
- I couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you.
- You made my heart smile!
See also Sacred Lotus pop up card.