Wisdom of Confucius quotes:
- Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
- Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.
- It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
- He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions.
- If you make a mistake and do not correct it, this is called a mistake.
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
- The funniest people are the saddest ones.
- Study the past if you would define the future.
- Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
- To be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it.
- Respect yourself and others will respect you.
- Silence is a true friend who never betrays.
- You cannot open a book without learning something.
Who was Confucius?
Confucius was a Chinese teacher, editor, politician, and philosopher who lived from 551 BC – 479 BC. His teachings focused on ethics of family and public interaction and educational standards. After his death, the ideas of Confucianism became the official philosophy of China. These teachings have been preserved in short philosophy points called Analects, or Wisdom of Confucius.
Confucius championed strong family loyalty, veneration of ancestors, and respect of elders by their children. He also recommended family as a basis for ideal government. He espoused the well-known Golden Rule: “Do not do to others what you do not want done to yourself.”
The cover illustrates Confucius with birds, mountains, and sailboats to represent Air, Land and Sea. Open the card to a 3-D Confucius in an elaborately embroidered silk robe, praying with folded hands. The Chinese words translate: “Maintain an insatiable desire to learn, be tireless in teaching others.”
This wise card is about the search for a better understanding of the way we live and the importance of thought and education. Give this card to a college student, a professor, politician, your child’s teacher, an educator, philosopher, philosophy geek, or historian. This is the perfect “Teacher’s card.”
The back of the card has Analects teachings, in Chinese.
Also see Great Wall of China popup card.