Ocean Treasures box unfolds to reveal an underwater world full of sea life and sunken treasure.
The ocean is a vast body of saltwater that interconnects the earth and covers around 71% of its surface.
The ocean depth is estimated to be around 12,200 feet and is home to around 226,000 known species and an even bigger number of species yet to be discovered.
Despite this, well over 80 percent of the ocean remains unmapped. In fact, humankind has been able to map a bigger percentage of the moon and of planet Mars than it has the ocean right here on earth.
Ocean Treasures quotes:
- “The sea is an underwater museum still awaiting its visitors.” – Phillip Diole
- “To me, the sea is a continual miracle; The fishes that swim, the rocks, the motion of the waves, the ships, with men in them, what stranger miracles are there?” – Walt Whitman
- “Would you learn the secret of the sea? Only those who brave its dangers, comprehend its mystery!” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “That the sea is one of the most beautiful and magnificent sights in Nature, all admit.” – John Joly
- “At night, when the sky is full of stars and the sea is still you get the wonderful sensation that you are floating in space.” – Natalie Wood
- “The sea! the sea! the open sea! The blue, the fresh, the ever free!” – Bryan W. Procter
- “The sea is a desert of waves, A wilderness of water.” – Langston Hughes
Inspiration for Ocean Treasures Pop Up Box
The ocean is a symbol of power, strength, life, chaos, mystery, hope, and truth. Also peace, boundlessness, and stability. It is also referred to as being the tears of God. The ocean is the beginning of life on Earth, a symbol of stability, as it exists largely unchanged for centuries.
What happens if you find treasure in the ocean?
$771 Trillion Worth Of Gold Lies Hidden In The Ocean: Good Luck Getting It
In search of gold? Looking for the next gold rush? The oceans are a good place to look, however, it’s not as easy as panning for gold.
Ocean waters around the world contain about 20 million tons of gold in them. Unfortunately, the concentration lies on the order of parts per trillion, making it extremely difficult to collect.
The amount of gold in the ocean is worth about 41 times the United States gross domestic product (GDP), and almost 10 times the entire world’s domestic product. However, there’s the monumental task of removing the sunken treasure gold from vast amounts of seawater. Each liter of water would contain approximately 13 billionths of a gram of gold.
Currently, there’s no cost-effective method to remove the gold from seawater and be profitable. However, that hasn’t stopped many eager inventors and investors both legitimate and scammers.
Meanwhile, our Ocean Treasures pop up card is an exploration of the diversity of sea life lying beneath the seas.
This card is a fine gift for a birthday or friendship card, for a sailor, diver, marine biologist, oceanographer, explorer, to anyone who loves our planet, nature, the world’s oceans.