The dignified and opulent city of Beijing has long captured imaginations with its forbidden palaces, emperors and exotic food, wrapped in a history of intrigue and misery.
Beijing, previously known as Peking, is the capital city of the People’s Republic of China. it is home to the longest wall in the world, as well as the largest palace in the world. Beijing Opera is a combination of song, spoken dialogue, and codified action. People rehearse their opera singing at parks around the city as well as in opera houses.
Like our card Shanghai, Pearl of Asia, our Beijing card depicts the most famous sites of the city.
This is a card for a historian, a traveler, a political scientist, international businessman, a professor, architect, for birthdays, celebration and vacation.
- A man grows most tired while standing still.
- Dig the well before you are thirsty.
- When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills.
- He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.”
- Tell me, I forget. Show me, I remember. involve me, I understand.
- Heaven is high and the emperor is far away. ~Beijing proverb
- What you do not wish for yourself, do not do to others. ~ Confucius
- Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.
- The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.
- To talk much and arrive nowhere is the same as climbing a tree to catch a fish.