Take a sweet bike ride!
- May I take you for a spin on my handlebars?
- I’d buy a tandem just to ride with you.
- No rush, no fuss.
- Want to lock our bikes together?
- Just keep moving.
- I’ll be your mechanic if you’ll be my ride.
- A good bike ride fixes everything.
- Life is a beautiful ride.
- It’s your day, enjoy the ride!
- You can’t be sad when riding a bicycle.
- Thanks for going the extra mile.
- You make my spokes spin.
- Do what you love today.
- I love morning rides.
See also: Racing Female Cyclist
See also: Racing Cyclists (guys)
Learning to Bike
This has very little to do with this card, but here is Mark Twain’s account of learning to ride a bike:
Before taking final leave of me, my instructor inquired concerning my physical strength, and I was able to inform him that I hadn’t any. He said that that was a defect which would make up-hill wheeling pretty difficult for me at first; but he also said the bicycle would soon remove it. The contrast between his muscles and mine was quite marked. He wanted to test mine, so I offered my biceps — which was my best. It almost made him smile. He said, “It is pulpy, and soft, and yielding, and rounded; it evades pressure, and glides from under the fingers; in the dark a body might think it was an oyster in a rag.” Perhaps this made me look grieved, for he added, briskly: “Oh, that’s all right; you needn’t worry about that; in a little while you can’t tell it from a petrified kidney. Just go right along with your practice; you’re all right.”
This is a card to give a friend who enjoys the outdoors, riding a bicycle, bike touring, picnics, summer breezes.