Open the card and peek through the curtains to see a silly circus clown dressed in a red and black harlequin suit with a white neck ruff.
He is balancing a unicycle on a high wire while holding up a sign that says HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
The stage lights are projecting stars and polka dots on the circus floor.
- Life is a circus!
- You juggle it all and keep smiling!
- You keep me laughing.
- Happy Birthday, you clown!
- Have a very merry birthday!
- Welcome to my circus.
- Happy birthday to the star performer.
- Elect a clown, expect a circus.
- Come Clown Around.
- Step right up for the best show in town
- Come one, come all.
- Your circus, your monkeys.
- When all else fails, join the circus.
- You are not just a clown, you are the entire circus,
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go!” ~Dr. Seuss
For circus clown history buffs:
Famous clowns: Pierrot, Emmett Kelly, Oleg Popov, Hubert Jean Charles “Charlie” Cairoli, Paul Legrand
Circus clown book:
Chipper and the Unicycle. The story book finds the eager young clown, Chipper, traveling the world in search of a new act to keep the crowds entertained…a unicycle seems like just the thing! He figures he can learn to ride the unicycle with no trouble at all, since he already can ride a bicycle. How hard could it be? But it’s hard. After only one day of trying, Chipper takes the unicycle back to the store in frustration. He learns that you have to work long and hard to make something look easy, but it’s worth the effort! In the end, Chipper understands that some pursuits take time and effort to master, and he learns the importance of perseverance.
This is the perfect birthday celebration or birthday invitation, and fun for a baby shower or business anniversary.
See also: Birthday Clowns pop up card.