The bright green cover shows colorful butterflies on leaves. Open the card to a burst of 18 hand-assembled butterflies flying off the page. We call this card Butterfly Kisses.
- Butterflies are flying gardens.
- I am not my memories, I am my dreams.
- You give me butterflies!
- Today a caterpillar, tomorrow a butterfly.
- Hoy una oruga, mañana una mariposa.
- If nothing ever changed, there’d be no butterflies.
- My butterfly is an honor roll student
- Butterflies are self propelled flowers. ~R.H. Heinlein
- Butterfly kisses and birthday wishes.
- BYOB – bring your own butterflies
- The caterpillar does all the work but the butterfly gets all the publicity. ~George Carlin
- Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life.
The butterflies’ wing patterns are loosely based on Tiger Swallowtails or Monarchs. Some of the cards have bright blue and sunny yellow butterflies and others have royal blue and orange butterflies (because handmade cards have cool variations!)
“Butterfly Kisses” is a song written by Bob Carlisle for his daughter Brooke’s 16th birthday. The lyrics go like this:
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair
“Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it’s my first ride.”
“I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried.”
Sweet 16 today
She’s looking like her mama a little more everyday
Trying her wings out in a great big world.
But I remember…
What do you call a group of butterflies?
Officially they are called a kaleidoscope, but it’s OK to call them a swarm or a flutter.
FYI: Groups of caterpillars are called an army.
How do you give a Butterfly Kiss?
All you have to do is move your face close so that you are almost touching your partner’s face, and flutter your eyelids rapidly, so he or she feels like being kissed by the delicate wings of a butterfly.
Also see: Blue Morpho butterfly.
This is a light-hearted, good feeling card for a birthday, a gardener, or even a memorial to set the spirit free. It would make a pretty baby shower invitation, sympathy card, Mother’s Day card, an engagement announcement. You can give it to a graduate to say “spread your wings and fly!” For good luck, transformation, for friendship.