Homage to Miami’s own Fairy Godmother, this is a happy gay card for any occasion.
On the cover a Magic Wand grants all your wishes. Inside, a butterfly fairy wearing a feathered turban sits at a dressing table checking her make-up. The Fairy Godmother reassures us that things are all right and, far more important, that WE are all right.
- Who’s the fairest Queen of all?
- I was born this way.
- Fairy tales do come true.
- Don’t drag me down.
- You’ve always been a performer.
- We’re all born naked and the rest is drag.
- I’m a dragaholic.
- It will do magic, believe it or not, Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo.
- A godmother is a gift sent from heaven above bringing kisses and hugs and never ending love.
- When you become the image of your own imagination, it’s the most powerful thing you could ever do. ~RuPaul
- I’m a godmother, that’s a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that’s cute, I taught her that. ~Ellen DeGeneres
Inspiration: This card was inspired by Miami’s glitzy, nocturnal empress Adora. Adora is one of the most cherished and recognized drag queens in the nation, with a tremendous fan base. Everyone is drawn to her outrageous looks, razor-quick humor, and those sexy Latin beats that she spins on the dance floor.
From Miami New Times: BEST DRAG QUEEN Adora. Out of costume Adora is a seriously cute Latin boy by the name of Danilo. In costume she’s one of Miami’s hardest-working girls, surviving the trends of fickle Miami for the past fourteen years. Her trademarks are platinum tresses, glittering red lips, and ostentatious eyelashes. She’s loud, funny, and of course outrageous. Her style is campy glam, heavy on the Fifties fashions with a Cuban accent. Her favorites — songs by La Lupe, Yma Sumac, and Maria Callas — still kill onstage.”
Give this card to a child, to an inner child, to a friend, to a Queen.