The Greenhouse is bursting with flowers! Obviously the gardener has a green thumb!
This swell card depicts an A-frame greenhouse with many glass windows to let in the sun and trap the heat. Peek inside: the garden is flourishing.
Plants need moisture, warmth and light to grow. Our greenhouse stabilises the growing environment by buffering the ambient temperature and protecting the plants from extreme cold.
Plants grow faster and better in the greenhouse because the temperature is more controlled, the carbon dioxide content is higher as compared to the outdoors, which is very important for plant growth.
During the day, a typical greenhouse will trap heat from the sun, the sunlight is absorbed by the plants, which allows the plants inside to stay warm at night.
Inside the plants grow in containers with specifically chosen soil. Unlike an outdoor garden, container soil does not harbor harmful diseases and pests. As a result, the plants are practically sterile to fungi, bacteria and pests, such as borers.
What are the benefits of a greenhouse?
- You can extend the growing season.
- You can keep crops safe from pests and minimize the use of chemical pesticides.
- You will protect plants from excessive temperatures (both cold and hot) and extreme variations in weather.
- A greenhouse offers protection from strong winds which can damage delicate plants.
- Shelter from rain and snow allows you to manually regulate how much water each plant is getting. (This can be made easier with irrigation systems.)
- Temperatures can also be regulated with ventilation systems like auto vents to open windows and let air in, or shading to reduce light getting in during the peak of summer.
- You can grow plants that wouldn’t normally survive in your climate.
Occasions for this card:
Send this intricate design to the gardener in your life. Anyone with a green thumb is sure to appreciate this gorgeous greenery. Perfect for a housewarming, thank you, or just because!
Also see Hummingbird & Hibiscus pop up card.