- Bloom where you are planted.
- Tiptoe through the tulips.
- Earth laughs in flowers.
- Love is friendship set on fire.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I’ll never love someone the way I love you.
- Your smile conquers my heart.
- You reap exactly what you sow. ~Anne Lamott
- Tulips are tokens of love, passion, romanticism, and dreaminess.
- They are loved for their bold colors and almost perfectly symmetrical shape.
- The tulip is the official symbol of the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation.
- The Netherlands exports over 3 billion bulbs a year, in 8000 varieties.
At the beginning of the 17th century, everyone had become so besotted with tulips that people started using them as garden decoration. They soon became a major trading product in Holland and other parts of Europe. The interest for the flowers was huge and bulbs were sold for unbelievably high prices.
The legend goes that when tulips came to the Netherlands, all the world went mad. A sailor who mistook a rare tulip bulb for an onion and ate it with his herring sandwich was charged with a felony and thrown in prison. A bulb named Semper Augustus, notable for its flame-like white and red petals, sold for more than the cost of a mansion in a fashionable Amsterdam neighborhood, complete with coach and garden. As the tulip market grew, speculation exploded, with traders offering exorbitant prices for bulbs that had yet to flower.
Today you can give a pop up bouquet of Tulips that bloom for years! And never needs watering :)
Other beautiful flower cards: Flowering Pink Jacaranda
The massive Bouquet we call All Occasion Card.
Give this card to say Congratulations, I love you, Get well, thank you. A gift for a gardener, for an Anniversary, Birthday, and Valentine, for a Baby Shower, Celebration, Graduation, a Christening, for Romance, for Easter. Give Tulips to your girlfriend or SO, or your mother / mother-in-law.