The swift and powerful naval battleship symbolizes strength and patriotism.
- You Are Tomorrow; You Are The Navy.
- Accelerate Your Life.
- Be shore of yourself.
- Take time to coast.
- Sea life’s beauty.
- Make waves.
- Tough girls wear anchors.
- Damn the torpedoes, Full speed ahead!
- The only easy day was yesterday!
- I can’t control the wind but I can adjust the sail.
- I like Ike.
- A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.
- I can go days without talking to you, months without seeing you, but not a second goes by that I don’t think of you. My sailor, my hero.
- Individually we are one drop, together we are an ocean.
- In high tide or low tide, I’ll be by your side.
- To those who went to sea and never came back, we honor and remember.
- A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace. ~Theodore Roosevelt
- You don’t fight to protect warships or old men. Like the book says, you fight to save your civilization. ~James A. Michener
- We all know the Navy is never wrong, but in this case it was a little weak on being right. ~Wendell Mayes
- There’s this misconception that the Navy is this cruise ship, and you get to go out and sail around, and every now and then, you have to swab the deck. But, no, it is a very impressive group of young people that live at sea, in this place that’s very uncomfortable. They exude a pride that is well-deserved. ~Tom Hanks
Our warship is modeled after the USS John Paul Jones 932, a Forrest Sherman-class destroyer of the United State Navy, named for John Paul Jones, (1747-1792), the naval commander in the American Revolutionary War and referred to as the “Father of the American Navy.” Built by the Bath Iron Works in Maine, the ship was launched on May 7, 1955 by Mrs. Carney, wife of Admiral Robert B. Carney and commissioned on April 5, 1956, under Commander R. W. Hayler, Jr. This powerful protector has earned a place in naval history.
This popup card is an excellent gift for history buffs, students, graduates. Give this card to a vet, a patriot, a sailor, a soldier.
Whether it’s a birthday or to signify the start of a new journey, this is a card you can feel proud to give and receive.
See also Terracotta Warriors.