The navy blue cover shows a lighthouse island, with the ocean waves hitting the rocks, seagulls flying, and a small fishing boat on the sea.
Open the card to see the classic red, white and navy blue lighthouse tower with a bright light at the top called a beacon. The beacon is used by sailors to help guide their ship at night. The corners of the card are embellished with nautical rope knots, a dolphin, and flying seagulls.
The lighthouse represents two contrasting ideas. They represent isolation because they must stand apart from other structures and be visible from the ocean. They represent our inevitable human connection to each other. Their purpose is to guide others into the right path.
Give this Lighthouse card to someone who needs to know they have a friend or to the person that has helped you find your way. Also a great card for the sailor in your life, your life guide, recovery coach, or anyone who enjoys the wonders of exploring the seas.
- Whatever floats your boat!
- Thank you for being my lighthouse.
- I’m waving at you.
- The scars you share become lighthouses for other people who are headed to the same rocks you hit.
- There’s a human story at every lighthouse.
- What can I do to help you?
- Nice to sea you again.
- Once the lighthouse is seen, the rest of the sea is ignored.
- Lighthouses are more helpful than churches. ~Ben Franklin
- Don’t ever let anyone put out your light because they are blinded by it. ~Shannon L. Alder
- Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining. ~Anne Lamott
- Lighthouses are signifiers of both human isolation and our ultimate connectedness to each other. ~Virginia Woolf
- Stop turning every others battle into yours. All you need to become is the lighthouse, not the sword.~Akshay Vasu
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. ~Chinese proverb
- Sometimes you can only find Heaven by slowly backing away from Hell. ~ Carrie Fisher
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- Nothing is impossible; the word itself says, ‘I’m possible! ~Audrey Hepburn
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily. ~ Zig Ziglar
- What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. ~Robert Collier
- Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Carl Bard
Programs at the Miami Lighthouse for the Blind enable blind and visually impaired persons to regain independent living skills.
Those who study or are enthused by lighthouses are known as pharologists.
See also: Ocean Treasures pop up card,