Baseball always will be America’s favorite pastime. World Series or sandlot, it’s more than just a game. It’s a lifestyle, a faith, a religion with ghosts, legends and superstitions. Play ball!
- Have a ball on your birthday!
- It’s a Grand Slam.
- You covered all the bases.
- Play ball!
- Hope your birthday is a hit.
- You’re a superstar.
- It’s not over till it’s over.
- Swing for the fences.
- You’re batting a thousand.
- It’s a home run.
- I hit a home run in dating you.
- If you didn’t get dirty you didn’t play.
- Hitting the ball is easy. Running around the bases is the hard part. ~Mickey Mantle
- We need a hit, so here I go. ~Joe DiMaggio
- I promise to go easier on drinking and get to bed earlier, but I won’t give up women. They’re too much fun. ~Babe Ruth
- I had a fire in my belly. ~Ty Cobb
- You gotta have fun. ~Derek Jeter
Celebrate the baseball lovers in your life with this out-of-the-park design.
Good card for a summer pal, for a birthday, Father’s Day, sports celebrations, sweet memories.
Let the special people in your life know that you’re on their team whether it’s their birthday or just because! This card is a home run!
See also: Hoop Dreams basketball card.
Like all beloved sports, Baseball has its own slang. Here are a few phrases to get you started:
Ace: A team’s No. 1 starting pitcher.
Alley: The areas of the outfield between the outfielders.
Around the horn: A double play that begins with the third baseman and goes to second and then to first.
Backdoor slider: A pitch that appears to be out of the strike zone, but then breaks back over the plate.
Bad-ball hitter: A batter adept at hitting pitches outside the strike zone.
Bad hop: When a groundball unexpectedly makes a strange jump.
Bag: A base.
Baltimore chop: A ground ball that hits in front of or off of home plate and hops over the infielder’s head.
Bandbox: A small ballpark that is beneficial to hitters.
Bang-bang play: A play in which the baserunner hits the bag a split-second before or after the ball arrives.
Banjo hitter: A hitter who notches a lot of bloop hits without hard contact.
Basket catch: When a fielder catches a ball with his glove near his belt.
This card is for:
The millions of fans who enjoy the game each spring and summer.
Categories: 3-D Baseball Pop-up Card, 3-D Pop-up Card, 3D Birthday Card, Popup Card, Greeting Card, 3D Popup Card, 3D Popup Greeting Card, OpenCardNow, Sports Pop-Up Card, Sports Birthday Card, Father’s Day card, Summer card