This Summer of Love 3-D dreamsicle orange, split-windshield, VW Bus will transport you back to your groovy youth and the open road.
It’s been 50+ years since the 1967 Summer of Love when 100,000 hippies convened in Haight-Ashbury, and flower children held a Human Be-In in Golden Gate Park.
- Turn on, tune in, drop out.
- If you’re not barefoot, you’re overdressed.
- Show me your Flower Power.
- All you need is love.
- Happiness is …
- Revolutions are acts of love.
- Live simply.
- Every little thing’s gonna be all right.
- You mean the world to me.
- Here comes the sun. ~Beatles
- Remember when your worst problem was rust?
- VW bus can pick up 5 times more women than a Lamborghini.
- “Respect the classics, man! It’s Hendrix!”
- Come on Baby, light my fire.
- Come together.
- I’m not the only one seeing this, right?
- Congratulations, man!
- Far out!
Story of the original Summer of Love bus
Artist Robert “Dr. Bob” Hieronimus was only 26 years-old when he was commissioned to paint a “magic bus” for Bob Grimm, a musician in the Baltimore-based group Light. The year was 1968, and the magic bus was a Volkswagen Type 2 van decorated in a psychedelic style. The group planned to drive their trippy wheels on tour and to the 1969 Woodstock Music and Art Fair.
Hieronimus says the van symbolized the Summer of Love like no other vehicle. “The bus is really about being one people on one planet. We all have the same divine spark of the cosmic creator inside of us.”
With a 40-horsepower air-cooled engine, the VW bus wasn’t built for speed. But it was inexpensive to maintain and easy to fix, plus it could transport a load of people, making it the ideal ride for highway-bound hippies. “It was a real people’s car,” the artist says. “It represented freedom.”
See “Ganga, our marijuana pop up card.
The Summer of Love Concert focuses on iconic rock music from the period of time generally between the 1967 release of The Beatles revolutionary album Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band and the famous Woodstock Music and Art Festival in 1969.
For Birthdays, Anniversaries, Friendship, Tripping, Groovy Memories, Musicians, Car Lovers, Hippies!