Why send a sweet pink Magnolia card?
- Pink represents the feminine, friends and love.
- Spells using pink flowers are best cast on Friday, the day belonging to love goddesses Venus and Aphrodite.
- In Victorian times, sending flowers was a discreet way of lovers sending messages to each other.
Sagittarius are jet-setters who are happiest when they’re on the road. Magnolias are larger than life – just like you.
- Magnolias grow on trees, not vines, bushes or on stalks. Magnolia trees can live for a full century.
- They cannot pollinate without the help of beetles. Their bright and sweet-smelling flowers help attract beetles.
- Their scent has been described as lemony, sweet candy, spicy verbena, tart lemon, citrus-honey or dusty violets.
- They’re prehistoric! Fossils have revealed that magnolia plants existed at least 20 million years ago.
Sweet Magnolia quotes:
“When the soft fragrance of magnolias hung in the air, my heart would swell without warning.” ~Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
“Life is simply a mix of mayhem and magnolias, so embrace this gentle riot and gather flowers along the way.” ~ kat savage
“When I see them, I am reminded of the wonderful things that can happen when simplicity and beauty intersect.”
“The magnolia is a symbol of hope and new beginnings. When I see her blooming, I know that spring is on its way.”
“A magnolia flower has a tight little pod that stays closed up for a long time on the end of its branch until one day, out of nowhere, it finally bursts open into this gigantic, gorgeous, fragrant flower that’s ten times bigger than the bud itself.” ~Joanna Gaines, The Magnolia Story
“How beautiful the house was with its magnolia trees lining the drive, their branches outstretched as if they were beckoning him inside” ~ Ellen Read
“You saw a fluttering fan before her face and magnolia blooms and sleepy lakes under the moonlight when she walked.” ~Zora Neale Hurston
“I want to be yours as a magnolia belongs to spring.” – Alexandra Vasiliu
Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.
See also Sacred Lotus pop up card.