Cats are like potato chips: you can’t have just one!
One cat, two cat, three cats, four. And then, like an atomic bomb, the number explodes exponentially.
Is there a proper number of cats?
Nah. There isn’t. The number of cats you need is directly proportional to the number of cats you currently have.
[According to latest, peer reviewed, double-blind research, the optimum number of cats for a fulfilling relationship is 6.]
Depending on who you ask, they are the epitome of evil, the cutest thing alive, satan’s babies, ninjas, ninja-satan-babies, those animals they don’t give two cruds about, living rugs, fur with claws, claws with fur, teeth with fur and claws, teeth with claws, teeth with fur, fur with teeth, what you shouldn’t step on, the stupidest things alive, the future world rulers, the things trying to kill you in your sleep, the things trying to protect you from the things trying to kill you in your sleep, aliens, carnivorous monsters, little angels, everyone’s best friend, the bane of all existence, the thing that sits on you at three in the morning, or just a cat.
- Home is where my cats are.
- Cats are like potato chips. You can’t have just one.
- Time spent with cats is never wasted. – Sigmund Freud.
- Cats rule the world. – Jim Davis.
- Cats will outsmart dogs every time. – John Grogan.
- The smallest feline is a masterpiece. – Leonardo da Vinci
- Kittens are angels with whiskers. – Alexis Flora Hope
- A kitten is the delight of a household.
- All day long a comedy is played out by an incomparable actor.
- Cats are connoisseurs of comfort.
- Just watching my cats makes me happy.
- One cat just leads to another.” – Ernest Hemingway
More Cat Related Definitions
Crazy Cat Lady:
The official cat lady from the Simpsons has a minimum of 35 cats surrounding her at all times and many of them are hidden inside of her sweater .
If you love cats, and you are a lady, then you are a cat lady and you should be proud!
You should keep and love as many cats that makes you happy!
“Cat” was coming into use by the flapper set as a slang word for person, or cool person.
- The stereotypical aloof, judgmental attitude of the average cat.
- Example: “Benjamin has a real cattitude. He won’t even look at me when I call his name.”
Thus, the Cats Pajama became a way to say that someone was cool, great, special, the best. Other phrases such as ‘the gnat’s whiskers’ and the ‘Bees knees’ were invented around the same time in the same vein.
See also Cat Trouble.