Charismatic, fun-loving otter antics make us laugh. These boisterous aquatic acrobats are frequently described as “ferrets on crack” because of their inexhaustible antics. But they also have a nurturing side. They float around grooming themselves, cracking crabs on their chests and nibbling on urchins.
- That’s otter nonsense!
- If it’s not one damn thing, it’s an otter!
- Get otter here.
- You’re otter this world.
- Happy Birthday to my Otter half
- You otter know better.
- Have an otterly wonderful birthday!
- I can’t decide if I like this one or the otter one.
“I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn’t I get that day over and over and over?” ~Bill Murray
- Unlike other marine mammals, otters don’t have a thick layer of blubber. To stay warm in chilly ocean waters, they wear the world’s densest fur—at its thickest, this two-layer fur is made up of more than a million hairs per square inch. (You’ve probably got 100,000 hairs or less on your whole head!) In order to keep their luxurious coats waterproof, they spend many hours a day cleaning and grooming. Such good grooming coats their fur with natural oils from their skin and fluffs it with insulating air bubbles.
- A British study discovered that average eight-year-olds were better able to identify characters from the Japanese card trading game Pokemon than native species in the community where they lived: Pikachu, Metapod, and Wigglytuff were more familiar to them than otters, beetle, and oak tree.
This card is perfect for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, Birthdays, for a Nature Lover or the significant other in your life.
See also: Alligator and Palm Tree pop up card.