Dragon Ship Messages:
- Felicity to the whole family.
- Wishing you happiness and prosperity.
- Whatever floats your boat.
- May your life go smoothly.
- Have a meteoric rise in your career.
- Fortune will smile on you (‘lucky star high shines’)
- Money and treasures will be plentiful.
- I was ferry impressed.
- Watery we going to do?
- Ready for a sea change.
- Let’s rock the boat.
- Come hell or high water.
- Oh Buoy!
- It’s aboat time.
- Seas the day.
The Dragon Ship is the traditional transportation for the Summer Palace on the Kunming Lake in Beijing, and the most scenic way to navigate the historic Quin Dynasty lakes, gardens and palaces. The Dragon Ship is a symbol of loyalty, tradition and team spirit. Give it for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, for a Birthday, Graduation, for Friendship, for unity, for Olympic effort. Give this card to a firefighter, a historian, to an Asian friend.
- Dragon ships are the vehicles of the team paddling sport of dragon boat racing, a water sport which has its roots in an ancient folk ritual of competing villagers, which has been held for over 2000 years throughout southern China.
- While competition has taken place annually for more than 20 centuries as part of religious ceremonies and folk customs, dragon boat racing has emerged in modern times as an international sport, beginning in Hong Kong in 1976.
- The history of dragon ships in competition reaches as far back as the original Olympics games in ancient Greece.
- Both dragon boat racing and the ancient Olympiad included aspects of religious observances and community celebrations along with competition.
also see Racing Dragon Boat.
The Dragon Ship is a symbol of loyalty, tradition and team spirit. Give it for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, for a Birthday, Graduation, for Friendship, for unity, for Olympic effort. Give this card to a firefighter, a historian, a sportsman, to an Asian friend.