- Happy Birthday / Happy Father’s Day to a reel great guy.
- Fishing you a wonderful Birthday / Father’s Day.
- Happy Birthday / Happy Father’s Day to the fastest thing in the water.
- If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.
- For a fisherman, there’s always a new place, always a new horizon.
- Good things come for those who bait.
The Marlin is among the fastest marine swimmers, reaching ~68 mph in short bursts!
Marlin, sailfish and spearfish are some of the ocean’s most magnificent fish, swimming free in the deep waters of the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans. They’re distinguished by a long bill, an extension of the upper jaw and nasal bone; brilliant colors when “lit up;” and sleek body shapes that allow them to swim at extraordinary speeds and cover great distances across the Earth’s oceans. Like lions, tigers, wolves and eagles, marlin are an important, top-of-the-food-chain predator species that keep ecosystems in balance.
Kewalo Harbor, Hawaii, June 1970. Captain Cornelius Choy piloted the Coreene C out into the Pacific, hoping to show some vacationing fisherman and their wives a nice day of sport fishing. They returned towing what is still to this day the world’s largest marlin ever caught with a rod and reel: 1,805 pounds, and with a 155-pound yellow tuna in its belly.
Take a look at our Dolphin Pod popup card.
A terrific card for FATHER’S DAY, BIRTHDAY, FISHING, SEA, NATURE, BOATS, ADVENTURE, FRIENDSHIP