Female Cyclist Messages:
- When in doubt, pedal it out.
- Dirt is the new pink.
- Miles are my meditation.
- You go, girl!
- You’re a Spokes Woman.
Female Cyclist Quotes:
- A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.~Irina Dunn, 1970
- I’ll tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than any one thing in the world. I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammeled womanhood.
~Susan B. Anthony, 1896
- The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community. ~Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895
- Such historians as record the tides of social manners and morals, have neglected the bicycle. Yet would it be difficult to deny that under its influence, women forego wilted chaperons, long and narrow skirts, tight corsets, hair that would come down, black stockings, thick ankles, large hats, prudery and fear of the dark; under its influence have bloomed weekends, strong nerves, strong legs, strong language, knickers, knowledge of make and shape, knowledge of woods and pastures, equality of sex, good digestion and professional occupation.
~John Galsworthy, The Forsyte Saga
- The bicycle makes me independent in a way no other form of transport can – it needs no fuel, no documents and very little maintenance. Most importantly it goes along at the right speed for seeing everything, and as it doesn’t cut me off from my surroundings, it makes me a lot of friends. ~Bettina Selby
And Freddie Mercury sang:
“I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle; I want to ride my bicycle; I want to ride my bike; I want to ride my bicycle; I want to ride it where I like…; I don’t believe in Peter Pan, Frankenstein or Superman; All I wanna do is bicycle, bicycle, bicycle…”
Gift ideas: show your admiration, affection and applause for female bike riders, racers, achievers, sports enthusiasts, triathletes, CrossFitters, spinners, hard bodies, for a competitive or leisurely female cyclist, for birthdays, race days, holidays, love days.
See also the male version: racing cyclist