The Shamrock has 3 leaves. The four-leaf clover is a universal symbol for good luck. Give a bundle and make someone’s Lucky Day.
“May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night.”
- May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
- Kiss me, I’m Irish.
- A good friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have.
- Don’t throw away luck on little stuff. Save it up.
- Irish for a day.
- You’ve got to think lucky. If you fall into a mud hole, check your back pocket. You might have caught a fish.
- You gotta try your luck at least once a day, because you could be going around lucky all day and not even know it.
St. Patrick Made the Shamrock Famous
St. Patrick allegedly used the three-leaf clover to teach people about Christianity as he traveled around Ireland. He said the leaves illustrated the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit of the Holy Trinity.
Shamrocks Are Often Part of Irish Weddings
For good luck, clover may be included in the bouquet of an Irish bride and the boutonniere of the groom.
Celtic Priests Were Big Believers in Clovers
According to Irish legend, the ancient Druids believed that carrying a three-leaf clover helped them see evil spirits so they would be able to escape them. They also used clovers to heal the sick and in religious rituals.
Fast Facts About Four-Leaf Clovers
- There are approximately 10,000 three-leaf clovers for every “lucky” four-leaf clover.
- There are no clover plants that naturally produce four leaves, which is why 4-leaf clovers are so rare.
- The leaves of four-leaf clovers stand for faith, hope, love, and luck.
- Ireland is home to more 4-leaf clovers than any other place on earth, thus “the luck of the Irish.”
- The fourth leaf can be smaller or a different shade of green than the other three leaves
- If you’re the superstitious type, give your 4-leaf clover to someone else. It’s said that this will double your good luck!
What are Shamrocks?
Technically, according to the Irish, a Shamrock has 3 leaves, and a 4-leaf clover is rarer, hence lucky. We skipped right to the GOOD LUCK part.
Nod to Ireland:
Ireland is a land of poets and legends, of dreamers and rebels. Luck of the Irish is legendary.
See also Tree of Life and Birthday Beer and Triple Crown Horse Race pop up cards.