I designed the Bamboo and Koi Meditation popup card for Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Palm Beach County, Florida.
Zen wisdom you can write in card:
- The day you decide to do it is your lucky day.
- The bamboo that bends is stronger than the oak that resists.
- Even when months and days are long, life is short.
- The smallest good deed is better than the grandest good intention.
- Cold rice and cold tea are bearable, but cold looks and cold words are not.
- If you understand everything, you must be misinformed.
- Take a deep breath and listen to your heart.
- One kind word can warm three winter months.
- Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.
- Bamboo and Koi for enlightenment and harmony.
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
- You are Loved.
Cornell Japanese Gardens at Morikami Park
The park and museum are named after George Morikami, who donated his farm in Palm Beach county, Florida to be used as a park.
“My hope is that a visit to the gardens will genuinely and deeply touch each individual’s life. My hope is that progressive ideas will be born and that action will take root here, that the intuitive conviction of such enduring qualities as beauty, love, health and wholeness, integrity, creativity, renewal, and selflessness will be strengthened.” ~George Morikami
Morikami garden design:
“I will have accomplished my goal if visitors to the gardens come away refreshed and feeling better about themselves and their world while looking forward to sharing their experiences here with others.”
~ Hoichi Kurisu, Master Garden Designer
See also Spring Butterflies.