Moon Cat is a simple and elegant card. On the cover is a silhouette of a cat is looking out the window at trees and the night sky.
- Cats don’t ask for the moon, they’re already stars.
- Every man is like a moon. He has a dark side he never shows anyone. ~Mark Twain
- Live by the sea, love by the moon.
- Meowing at the moon, waiting for reply.
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you’ll land among the stars!
- Moon cat knows.
Open the card, and the cat has gone outside to sit on a fence and gaze at the night sky.
Moons are magical, and so are cats. Cats love staring at it. Maybe they think it’s made of cheese and full of mice, maybe they stare because bright colors naturally fascinate them. But did you know that for a few days prior to the full moon, cats eat less? All I know is, we love them to the moon and back!
On Quora: Why does my cat stare up at the night sky?
Mark answers: Cats use telepathy to communicate with their home planet, probably sending a report about the successful takeover of this planet and making human beings their servants.
Colleen answers: It is hard to say, however, your cat may like seeing the stars, or, if your cat is an inside kitty, it might like seeing how big the sky is (as opposed to the ceiling. Lastly, your kitty may just be stretching her neck.
The Cat and the Moon by W.B. Yeats:
- A cat might actually try to touch the moon; it has no sense of perspective,
- Cat’s feelings towards the night sky could represent the sublime; sense of awe.
- The pupils of cats’ eyes resemble the phases of the moon.
So many uses for this card: a birthday card, thank you note, thinking of you, freedom, love, Halloween card.
There are two cover colors, red and blue. We currently have blue in stock.
Also see Birthday Cats on Couch.