The pansy is a delicate little flower with a face. It is well loved for its charm, versatility and adding a swath of gorgeous colors to the garden. Both the leaves and the petals are edible.
This is a card to say “I’m thinking of you.” For mom, for a Valentine, a birthday, for friendship.
A Pansy popup card will brighten someone’s day!
Messages you could write:
- I’ve been thinking about you.
- You’ve been on my mind a lot lately.
- Thinking of you always makes my day.
- Just wanted to send some happy thoughts your way today.
- I just came across an old photo of us, and it got me thinking about how much fun we always have together.
Message to someone having a tough time:
- Hang in there!”
- I hope you feel better soon!
- Take care of yourself!”
- I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well!
- You are the strongest person I know! …
- Poetry is a mystic, sensuous mathematics of fire, smoke-stacks waffles pansies, people and purple sunsets. ~Carl Sandburg
- If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly our whole life would change. ~Buddha
- Earth laughs in flowers.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Flowers are like friends; they bring color to your world.
- If I had a flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~ Claudia Adrienne Grandi
- Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow. ~ John Lennon
- She wished she had a little yellow house of her own, with a flower box full of real flowers and herbs – pansies and rosemary – and a sweet lover who would swing dance with her in the evenings and cook pasta and read poetry aloud. ~Francesca Lia Block
Thinking of you. Pansies symbolize loving feelings. Give a Pansy flower to anyone you hold dear to your heart. The ideal gift for a mother, lover, or friend, for birthday, dates, anniversary, PRIDE, fond memories, flirting, courting, happy thoughts.
See Radiantly Red Tulips.
What Does the Pansy Flower Mean?
- loving thoughts
- free thinkers
- thinking of you
- the birth flower of February
In Victorian England, the pansy flower was used for secret courting. Since any display of love or passion was severely frowned upon, a pansy was placed in what was called a tussie mussie before being given to the desired person. A tussie mussie was a bunch of herbs wrapped in a doily with some flowers in the middle. It means, I’m feeling amorous towards you, I am thinking of you, I’m missing you. It is always about one person thinking of another.
The pansy flower symbolizes love or admiration of one person for another. It was the logo of Free Thinkers Society, who sought to be free from societal constraints, expectations, emotions or religious dogma. They based their thoughts on pure logic and reason.
- The word pansy is derived from the French pensée, meaning to think.
- In the language of flowers, the pansy represents thoughts of lovers.
- Pansies are one of the oldest cultivated flowers in history.
- Commonly used in love potions
- They are edible! They have a minty flavor, add to salads and desserts.
- The petals can be used as a natural dye.
- Pansy petals are often used in potpourri.
See also: Monet Water Lily pop up card.